Friday, May 1, 2020

There's a Bird on My Head

Sometimes, magical things happen when you least expect them. And many, many times, the MOST magical things happen when you sit very still and believe.

To make your weekend start just a little bit better, I give you a peek in a moment in Gussy's life as an S-K learner, home-style:



And then, if you like, you may enjoy this rendition of one of favorite Elephant and Piggie stories, There's a Bird on my Head! by the genius Mo Willems. I don't know the children reading it; I had to find a clip on youtube. I have however used these books to encourage readers AND to learn about dialog. You may want to use these books - if you have them at home - to take turns reading with your children.



This next video shows much young versions of two S-K kids in middle school. Do you recognize them? They loved Mo Willems books and reading together - probably still do!


No comments: