Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day Poems for Two Voices

Happy Mother's Day to our great group of classroom parents; I hope you all have a most wonderful day, wrapped in love. There are lots of special things you and your children can do together, of course - cuddling, taking a walk in the woods, watching a favorite movie - but how about trying to write a poem for two voices? Emma and I posted our version on Friday's lesson plan, and I've included the actual words here. Graham and his mom took up the challenge, and their sweet version follows. I'd love to publish some more, so send 'em in!


I Love: A Poem For Two Voices    adapted from a poem from Sarah Steele

I love                                         I love

My daughter

  My mom

For all the times             For all the times

I fall down

I pick you up

I fall down

I pick you up

For all the food                  For all the food

I made from your childhood

We explore together

For all the laughs For all the laughs

Even when your jokes aren’t funny

Especially when they’re not funny

I love I love

Doing everything

And nothing

With you With you

I love                                     I love

My daughter

  My mom


Here is Graham and Emily's poem. Emily tells me it was a wonderful way to have a special moment with Graham, and it was broken up with lots of snuggles and giggles. I think that would be a nice way to celebrate on this special day. Or, really, any day. Try it!

A Perfect Pair I have loved Graham since before he was born I have loved mom since I was born I love Graham’s eyes, his missing-tooth-smile, and his silly laugh I love mom’s hair, her kindness, and she is so pretty I love Graham’s snuggles I love when mom is so annoying I have loved every single day I get to be with Graham I have loved every single day and night I get to be with mom I love Graham to the moon and back I love mom even more I thank my lucky stars that he is my kid I think that I’m a lucky kid because I have mom We are a perfect pair


No comments: