Thursday, April 21, 2016

Poem in Pocket Day

Today's Poem in Pocket day was a huge success, and I send out so many thanks to the many parents who participated. It is always one of my favorite days of the year, and I look forward to it with great anticipation. Children, parents, cookies, tea, and poetry - what could be better? We heard a wide variety of poetry, from Shel Silverstein goodies, to Aesop Rock lyrics, to ee cummings.
Yesterday, we made cookie dough, and this morning we shaped the cookies and rolled them in cinnamon sugar. They were a huge hit with adults and children alike at the P in P event.

Group shot - lots of happy kids and sweet parents.

Stacyee was nice enough to not only bring in treats and a poem to share, she also took great pictures of each reader/reciter.














Now to try to find the perfect selection for next year!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful event--wish I was there.

A perfect poem by William Carlos Williams:

This is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Susan said...

That is definitely one of my favorites, Kevin. Fingers crossed, you will attend next year's event.