There are a few special happenings in October. More details to come, but in the meantime, mark your calendars:
* There are 2 professional development days scheduled for Thursday, October 2 and Friday, October 3. There will be no school for students on these days.
* Picture retake day is Thursday, October 9.
* There is a Community Meeting scheduled for Thursday night, October 9.
* We will be going to the Wild Swan Theater on Friday morning, October 10.
* There will be a guest teacher in my classroom on Monday, October 13 and Tuesday, October 14.
* We will start our first round of Exploration Classes (EB's) on Thursday, October 30. (This date is subject to change.)
* Our annual Eco-Fair will be on Friday, October 31. This is in lieu of a traditional Halloween event. Children wear costumes to school that they have made at home out of recycled materials. DON'T PANIC. It can be easy and fun. You can read more about it on a previous blog post.
* Parent-Teacher Conference week will be the last week of October. I will send out times available in the next week or so.
* No school for students on Monday, November 3 and Tuesday, November 4.
* Read to Feed reading logs, pledge sheets, and donations will be due on Wednesday, November 5. (Lots more information about this to come.)