Thursday, March 24, 2011

Have You Heard This Poem?

This is one of our favorite poems. Perhaps your child has recited it to you once. Or twice. Or perhaps 100?

I was walking in a circle when I spied a piece of paper covered with a pretty picture colored yellow green and red.  As I picked it up I noticed that it had some writing on it, I knew that I should read it, and this is what the writing said..I was walking in a circle when I spied a piece of paper covered with a pretty picture colored yellow green and red.  As I picked it up I noticed that it had some writing on it, I knew I that I should read it, and this is what the writing said..I was walking in a circle when I spied a piece of paper covered with a pretty picture colored yellow green and red.  As I picked it up I noticed that it had some writing on it, I knew that I should read it, and this is what the writing said..
                                                                                      by Jack Prelutsky


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems the kind of poem that children would love to memorize.