Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Memoir by Stanley



Stanley was one of the first authors to complete his writing workshop piece. After brainstorming some important events in his life, Stanley decided to write about his 8th birthday party. At our conference, I noticed lots of great details, and a wonderful middle and end to the story...but no beginning! No problem, Stanley came up with a beautiful beginning, and now he thinks his story is just about perfect. He read it during author's chair time, and he received a big round of applause. So, without further ado, here is our first "published" story

At school I was so excited because after school we were driving to Ohio for my birthday party! We started by driving to Ohio with Trent and his mom behind us. By the time we were there, it was 6:00 and immediately had dinner. Then we were just running around and locking ourselves in a variety of rooms. Then Peter & Ethan arrived at 9:00. I got to stay up because my bedtime is 8:00. We did that again, but when we locked ourselves in a room then we locked the door behind Ethan & Natalie and armed ourselves to fight them. Then Selden arrived at 10:00. We secretly stayed up all night, but me & Sleden went to bed at 12:30. Then to wake me up at 5:00, Peter slapped me in the face.

In the morning we went to a snow tubing and skiing place. We were there for 3 hours and had hot chocolate. Then at home we had lunch. Then we played different games. Then after dinner, we had my cake and I opened my presents. Then, in the morning, we had breakfast and went home at 2:00.

No comments: