Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Volunteers are Appreciated!
Parents (and other family members) are always welcome at Summers-Knoll. Last year, a grandma was our weekly reading buddy, a parent helped me teach an extension block class on knitting, and lots of families shared their heritage and culture in myriad ways. There were many, many other examples, and they definitely made our classroom a more vibrant place to be.
Here is a list of ways that YOU can help:
* Math Helper - we do math each day from 9 - 10 a.m.
* Lunch Parent - this is a vital role we need filled each day from 11:30 - 12:30. Duties would include helping children with lunch, wiping tables and playground supervision. You would work with a S-K staff person and another parent.
* Fun Friday Parent - I love to have a parent volunteer on occasional Fridays. We can do cooking projects, art projects, etc.
* Field Trip Volunteer
* Extension Block Teacher - if you have something you are passionate about, you may find it fun to teach a series of classes to small groups of children.
* Other - Just ask! Coming in to read stories, straighten our bookshelf, share your culture or special talent - it's all very appreciated.