Tuesday, October 23, 2018

11 Powerful Brains, Working Together

This morning before math, we did a memory/teamwork exercise. I brought out a little tray that was covered with a cloth and gave each child a sticky note. I announced that I would hold up each item on the tray for a few seconds, tell them what it was, and then cover the tray again. The challenge was to remember all that I showed them, with as many details as possible. They could not pick up their pencils to draw until the tray was covered back up!




Each child wrote down or drew as many things as they could – and they were encouraged to share ideas with their table mates. Whereas each person could think of some ideas on their own, by sharing their ideas, their combined answers got much bigger.

This was a fun exercise – and I know the children realize now how much help they can be to each other – 11 brains are pretty powerful when they are engaged on the same task. The power of teamwork and cooperation!

No comments: