Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Welcome!


Welcome to the 2017 - 2018 school year at Summers-Knoll! I am most excited to be your child's teacher and am looking forward to a wonderful year of learning. 

This classroom blog will be updated regularly, and is used as my primary communication method. Please become a subscriber so you don’t miss a thing. It will be here that I post about special projects, upcoming field trips, snack duty, special readers, homework, the classroom supply wish list, conference sign up lists, etc. I may include recipes of some of the things we’ve made at school so you can try them at home. I also post lots of pictures in an attempt to give you a glimpse into the day-to-day workings of our classroom. Please feel free to comment! Teachers and other families love to read your thoughts, and it makes the blog more of a conversation. 

At the side of this page are links to every other teacher's blog - don't forget to check those as well.

The other electronic method of communication I use is email. I generally send out a reminder email each Thursday or Friday, just to make sure that you know what's coming up in the following week. 

Of course, communication is a two-way street, and I look forward to hearing from you, too. You can usually catch me in person at the beginning and end of the day for a brief conversation, but email is probably the most expedient way. I make every attempt to answer emails within a day. 

Please check back soon, as I will have a lot more information posted prior to the first day of school. 

No comments: