|Elizabeth, helping with a hot glue gun|
Parents are always welcome at Summers-Knoll. In fact, it would be impossible to do what we do without the strong support of our families working in and out of the classroom. If you have the time and interest, here are some ways to make a real difference:
* Math Helper - we do math each morning except Wednesday, from 8:55 - 9:45. Once math groups are organized and materials gathered, can you help me guide the children in their books? I will be sending an email with details soon. It would require a commitment of one day a week, on a specific day (each Tuesday, for example).
* One-on-One Reading - we have a dedicated reading time each afternoon. Depending on the schedule, it is either right after lunch or around 1:00p.m. I would love to have another adult to read with individual students. If you can make it a weekly thing, we could even do small book clubs/literature circles.
* Sharing Talents - If you love to cook or do crafts, please consider coming in to share the fun! (related to theme or not)
* Field Trip Volunteer
* Librarian - are you available Wednesday afternoon (3:00 - 3:30) to be our librarian? Read a story or two of your choice to the children and help me check out books - it's fun!
* Other - Just ask! Reading a story, keeping our book shelves neat, sharing a tradition - it is all truly appreciated!