Friday, December 28, 2012

Friendship Chain

On the last day before winter break, I showed everyone what I had been working on before school. I had written a compliment for each student on a colorful strip of paper. I read them all aloud, and clarified that a compliment was a nice or positive statement. While I got the cookie cottages ready to decorate, I asked the children to write something nice about each of their classmates. Once each compliment was ready, they could attach it to others to make a long chain. We will work on this a bit more after our return to school, and the chain will be used as a colorful and visually beautiful reminder to notice the wonderful things about each other. 

I went into school briefly yesterday and saw the unfinished chain. I read a few of them, and was so pleased at how thoughtful these compliments were. For instance, in the first picture, it states "Olivia is nice and always sees the bright side of things." 




No comments: