Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thunder Cake






Today I was expecting the weather to be rainy and thunderstorm-y. The perfect weather for THUNDER CAKE! However, the weather let me down, and we've had clouds and sun - but certainly no thunder.
Oh well, it is still fun to bake with kids.

My math group has been working on measurements very recently, so that group was in charge of making the cake. We all shared the story, though, and the cake! We even had extra for Elaine's class.

If you've never read Thunder Cake, by Patricia Polacco, it is a wonderful story. It's about a little girl who is very scared of thunderstorms, and her wonderful grandma who helped her overcome her fear.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Susan, I was hoping for the recipe.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books by one of my favorite children's authors...read to the children by one of my favorite people! :) Gabrielle