Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trip to A2SO Today

We are incredibly lucky to have the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, and I love our yearly visits to hear the special family concert. Today, the children in Renata's class and my class went to hear Sea to Shining Sea, which "explored earth and water through music". It was obvious that the students were familiar with much of the music, thanks to Jan's wonderful teaching. We heard Beethoven's Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral", and selections from Grieg, Handel, and others. I sat next to Clementine and Vanya who excitedly exclaimed, "Oooh! Vivaldi!" when Spring from The Four Seasons started. Ah, I love Summers-Knoll kids.


Sydney waiting for the music to start


Beautiful Hill Auditorium

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is so exciting that the children are being exposed to great music of that caliber.