Saturday, November 27, 2010

Graham Cracker Cottages



On Friday morning, December 17th, we will be decorating houses made from graham crackers. It is my FAVORITE winter holiday tradition to share with people I love. I will provide each child with a house that I’ve made from graham crackers and frosting, and I will also provide lots and lots of white frosting to use as “glue”.

In the next few weeks, please consider contributing a bag or two of candies to use as decorations. I’ve listed just a few ideas of candies that have worked well in the past. Please remember that S-K is a nut-free school, even when decorating with candy!

Thank you so much!

CANDY IDEA LIST:

Dots
Gum Sticks
Necco Wafers
Silver dragees
gum drops
Sugar cubes
Red Hots
mini marshmallows
thin licorice ropes
Skittles
gummy rings
jelly beans
Good and Plenty
square pretzels (for windows)
colorful cereal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susan you are so good to those children. Thank you for all you do to make their days more fun.
Odie