Thursday, August 5, 2010
Volunteers Are Appreciated!
Parents (and other family members) are always welcome at Summers-Knoll. In fact, we honestly couldn't do what we do without the help and support from our loving parent community. Pictured is Kjirsten Blander, who tirelessly volunteered the past two years as lunch parent, knitting co-coach, book reader, culture sharer, and field trip volunteer. In this photograph, she is sharing information about architecture on a special tour she designed for our class when we were exploring that theme. There are SO many ways to make a huge impact.
Here is a list of ways that YOU can help:
* Math Helper - we do math each day from 9 - 10 a.m. If you can commit to even one day a week, it would be a huge help.
* Lunch Parent - this is a vital role we need filled each day from 11:30 - 12:30. Duties would include helping children with lunch, wiping tables and playground supervision. You would work with a S-K staff person and another parent.
* Fun Friday Parent - I love to have a parent volunteer on occasional Fridays. We can do cooking projects, art projects, etc.
* Field Trip Volunteer
* Extension Block Teacher - if you have something you are passionate about, you may find it fun to teach a series of classes to small groups of children. This is so much fun!
* Other - Just ask! Coming in to read stories, straighten our bookshelf, share your culture or special talent - it's all very appreciated.