Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memoir by Trent




Our final memoir of the year comes from Trent. You can definitely hear his excitement as he writes about a very important topic. I hope you all have enjoyed the writing from our wonderful 2nd and 3rd graders this year.

The Day Sam Came to Stay

One day I was asking my mom if I could get a dog. And that was in the same day I got my dog Sam, but before I can tell you that story I have to tell you this story:

Sam was about to go onto my neighbor's porch and she already had a dog but the bad thing is that her husband actually whipped the dog with a belt. But at the time I didn't know that. My mom was shutting the blinds and she looked at Sam and then ran to the door and opened it and said "Here, Boy", even though she did not know if it was a boy or a girl and then he came to our poach and my mom yelled, "TRENT!"

And then I came running out and said, "What, Mom?" She said that there was a dog on the front porch. And then I asked if we could keep it and she said, "No, because no one can take care of it." And I said, "I can. I'll feed it and name it and I'll give it baths." But she still said, "No - only if we can't find his owner." "Okay", I said. And then we spent one hour trying to find the owner and we didn't. So I said to my mom, "Does this mean I get to keep him? There was a silence, and then she said, "Yes!"

And I said "YES!! Thank you", I said. And then we went to my grandma's house to show off my new dog. And my grandma said, "What is his name?" I said, "Blue Jay". My Mom said, "No." My Grandma said, "Bert", and I said, "No. How about Sam?" Both of them said, "Yes", at the same time.

No comments: