Saturday, February 13, 2010

Current Read-Aloud



Erin brought in the book I am reading aloud each day - The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. Oddly enough, I have never read it, although my son raved about it when it was read to him back when he was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. It is a delightful book, encouraging imagination and scientific thought.

I love the fact that the past two read-alouds have been recommended and supplied by students! George's Secret Key to the Universe, which we finished about a week ago, was Noah's favorite book (and I can see why - it is wonderful), and now we get to enjoy Erin's selection. Just proof that children like to hear stories over and over - if they are really good stories - and that we need to expose them to the really great stuff and trust that they will "get it".

Thanks to my students, I now have two more "classics" in my reperatoire.

No comments: