Monday, August 17, 2009

Welcome to a brand new year!



Welcome to the 2009-2010 school year at Summers-Knoll! I am most excited to be your child's teacher and am looking forward to a wonderful year of learning.

This classroom blog will be updated regularly, and is used as one of my primary communication tools. Please become a subscriber so you don’t miss a thing. It will be here that I post about our current theme, upcoming field trips, snack duty, special readers, homework, etc. I may include recipes of some of the things we’ve made at school so you can try them at home. I also post lots of pictures in an attempt to give you a glimpse into the day-to-day workings of our classroom.

The other methods of communication I use frequently are email and the red take-home folder. Email is used for reminders and for more urgent information. The take home folder is used for homework (like spelling words and project requirements) and book club order forms.

Of course, communication is a two-way street, and I look forward to hearing from you, too. You can usually catch me in person at the beginning and end of the day for a brief conversation, but email is probably the most expedient way. I make every attempt to answer emails within a day. I will also have “office hours” on Tuesday afternoon when I will be available for phone conversations – more on the exact time later.

No comments: