Sunday, June 1, 2008

Great Read-Aloud



"But I was paying attention! I was paying attention to the bird out the window!" Thus speaks the heroine of our current read-aloud, Clementine. I think I may be a bit late getting on the Clementine band wagon, but definitely better late than never. As a huge fan of Beverly Cleary's Ramona, this was such a treat to find. The kids and I are really enjoying this story, and I am looking forward to the next one, "The Talented Clementine".

Clementine is in the "gifted" class in math, has trouble sitting still, and is often getting in trouble for not paying attention (see above). She is extremely verbal, rambunctious, and has her own ideas about everything. Hmmmmm.......

By the way, I purchased this book with my Barnes and Noble gift card which I received at staff appreciation day!

No comments: